Spirion Identity Finder
Spirion (formerly Identity Finder) is a programmatic data classification utility that can automatically search for personally identifiable information (PII) such as SSN, credit card numbers, passwords, etc. Spirion is offered at no charge to campus units to aid in the detection and protection of P3 and P4 data as specified by the UCOP IS-3 policy.
Licensing for Spirion is acquired through the IT Security Office which will provide an agent installer and license key to install on applicable systems. Spirion supports most modern operating systems including Windows, macOS, and Linux. Upon initial install, the agent will do a full search for sensitive data and report results back to the Spirion administrative console. Full tenancies can be created per campus unit for access/review.
This service is provided at no cost to campus.
- Safeguard important data through proactive data discovery and classification
- Built-in features to correct and mitigate sensitive data detected
- Full scheduling options to minimize impact on production environments
- Discovery – automated, programmatic analysis of files and folder structures throughout environment
- Classify – automated data classification against a range of PII types
- Protect – enforcement and protection policies can be implemented per system to prevent accidental exposure
- Comply – robust reporting options and dashboards to visualize data landscape
All Campus Units are eligible to request Spirion for local usage on university-owned systems
For business use only
Email [email protected] to find out more.